Tuesday, June 23, 2020

01-Introduction

   A little about me: I'm a lifelong resident of Akron Ohio, married, stable job selling auto parts in a dealership environment for over 40 years (GM, Kia, and now MOPAR)  An avid motorcycle enthusiast since junior-high days, I currently have these bikes in my stable:

  2015 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

    2013 Yamaha XV250

I ride the Boulevard 99.9% 2 up with my lovely wife who enjoys riding almost as much as I do (when it's warmer than 70 outside)

 Doing our part to "Social Distance"

And the Yamaha is strictly a commuter bike, riding 50+ miles round trip to work (getting 70+ MPG)

You might ask: "why TWO bikes? Why not just ride one all the time?"

Well, yes, I could do that, but each bike serves a different purpose: the Boulevard is set up for 2 people (shock settings, floorboards, back-rest & luggage rack, fantastic Russell-Day-Long custom seats,) and the Yamaha just saves me gas riding to work.

But there's something missing: A "Looker", A "Head-Turner", A bike that is total "Eye-Candy".

Don't get me wrong, both of my bikes have good visual qualities about them: the Boulevard has fat fenders and whitewalls, the Yamaha has a classic V-twin engine & pipes. But neither one would probably turn heads passing by, there's too many out there, and to most people, too common looking.

 A few years ago I resurrected a 1980 Honda Passport from the grave, but concluded the 50cc engine wasn't strong enough to haul my large-ass around. But what drew me to this bike was the un-conventional look (fat flared fenders, leg shields, fully enclosed drive chain) and relative cheap parts costs. (the original design dates back to the 50's, Honda STILL produces them today-surpassing 100 million!)

1980 Honda Passport (that's me)

Currently looking for a project that will fill the long winter hours (NE Ohio has some of the most dismal weather around-2nd only to the Pacific Northwest in annual cloudy days) So, I'm on the hunt for a 3rd bike (Thank GOD my wife tolerates me) Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

04-"Tanks Alot!"

There are four main elements every internal combustion engine needs to run: Air, Fuel, Spark & Compression In my journey to get Jeannie ...